Wednesday, May 5, 2010

i love my jersey

Until UNC, I didn't get the whole sports fan thing.  At family superbowl gatherings, I would either be playing with the dogs or trying to motivate my cousins to turn away from the television and play Yahtzee with me.  Then, as a freshman at Carolina, I started getting the Tar Heel bug, but still mostly going along with the charade for the happiness of the spirit.  I rushed Franklin Street when we won the National Championship and watched as others jumped across fires, but mostly participated mostly as an audience member.  Ironically, now at a parisian university where sports are a side-line thing, I finally get it.


As a proud member of the Sciences Po équipe d'Ultimate Frisbee, I love sports.  I love crying out to my teammates.  I love my jersey.  I love the team spirit.  I love my golden frisbee.  It's a dynamic that had forever been completely foreign to me; I'm glad I finally got it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment