Wednesday, May 12, 2010

give all of my energy and love to the world

Music buzzers said he would be one of the top hip hop up-and-comers, and they were right.  B.o.B. has hit musical airwaves with a bang.  I am among the many who have fallen under the charm of his fresh perspective.  Signed to Atlantic Records while still in high school, Bobby Ray first got attention with his ganja-loving track "Cloud 9" and Atlanta anthem  "Haterz Everywhere."  His debut album B.o.b. Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray was released April 27th of this year, one month earlier than prévu, due mostly to the commercial success of his smoothtastic "Nothin' on You" track featuring Bruno Mars.


 My other favorites of the album are "Past My Shades" featuring Lupe Fiasco, "Airplanes, Part II" featuring Eminem (!!) and Hayley Williams of Paramore, and "The Kids" featuring Janelle Monae.  "Ghost in the Machine" and "Fame" are great too.  Oh goodness, I love em' all - "Magic" featuring Rivers Cuomo of Weezer (!!) really gets 'ya jammin'.  His revamp of hip hop - pulling influences from the 80s, rap, funk, rock, techno, and other greatness - has given the industry a musician sure to leave an interesting mark.


I'll leave you with some of B.o.B.'s own words:
"When I grew up it was really hard for me to figure out why I felt that way, like I really felt like I was from another planet. Now, it's the opposite. All of that time I spent developing my talent and really analyzing myself, now I feel like I can express all of that and give all of my energy and love to the world."
 I feel like nothing I could say would do this boy justice, so just click on the links provided and see for yourself.  Plaisir.

No comments:

Post a Comment