Tuesday, April 13, 2010

yes, you'll cry if you see it

Whoa.  So I saw Cher John.  First remark: Channing and his jaw line did us well - delivered all of the goods.  Second remark:  I actually kind of liked it.  It is the most unpredictable of his movies yet.  The story has a couple non-foreshadow-able twists, which literally left my mouth wide open in shock.  It is a really clever film and it made me think.  Army romances must be so difficult - I really couldn't imagine having to be like 'okay man-I-love, go over to that far away place, kick some booty, and I'll see ya in a year!  Ciao!"  I have so much respect for army wives.


It is also a mega draining film.  Yes, I cried.  Yes, you'll cry if you see it.  The one good thing is that the very end bit isn't extremely sad.  I hate it when that happens, cause then the movie theater lights will start to come on, and I'm lookin'  all a mess - trying to wipe the tears off my face quickly in order to maintain my Xena reputation.  Sparks was nice enough to give us a couple minutes before the end of the film to re-compose ourselves.  Thanks bud.   

On a much more lighthearted note, another film that I saw with romantic tendencies was l'Arnacoeur - a french film (the first french film I've seen since I've been in Paris - ouch).  It was absolutely hilarious.  I loved it.  It made me proud of my french brethren.  Go see it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment