Sunday, April 11, 2010

discover the capital on two wheels

I have this list : a list of all of the things I must do before I leave this magical place.  I have less than two months.  That's less than 8 weekends.  That's rough.  I am going to use this list as a way to make sure that I take full advantage of the wondrous world that surrounds me.

Checking items off of a list is splendid.  Yesterday/today I checked off vélib'ing.  Vélib' is the public bike rental service in Paree.  There are 1,700 (!!) stations around the city, and for 1€ a day, you can go to any of these stations, pick up a bike, and discover the capital on two wheels.  I have wanted to vélib' since I got here in August, but I've always been too scared of traffic and crashing and such to actually rent one.




My cousin and her Aussie boyfriend visited this weekend.  Nothing is more inspiring, in regards to appreciating the cool things around you, than being a mini guide to visiting friends.  Ainsi, we got our bikes and we rode.  And it was amazing.  Not only is it not scary - but it is completely thrilling and useful.  ,And I thought buses were cool.  Bikes totally trump 'em.  AND - and, and, and - when the metro is closed and all of your taxi money has been spent on beer, there is no better way to get home from a night out than on a chunky gray bike.


Vélib' Vélib' Vélib'
cheers cheers cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment