Wednesday, April 7, 2010

on a visual level

Shabam -- it has been decided: I am going to make music videos for a living.  All the crazed hype about Gaga's "Telephone" clip inspired me.  Music videos have lost (or never had?) their well-deserved reverence and it's time that their potential be appreciated.  MVs don't have to merely accompany a song; they can tell the lyrics' story on a whole new visual level - and that's cool.

Over Easter weekend I trained down to the South of France, where I told my family of my professional career's new destiny.  One of my cousins guided me toward the unofficial video for Soko's giggle-tastic "I'll Kill Her."  Soko, or Stéphanie Sokolinsk, is a french singer slash actress brought to fame via the internet with this lightly angry anthem with a humoristic twist.  She sings the lyrics as if she was reciting them on the front step of her lover's place.  As the song plays out, you can imagine "the other woman" peeking from behind his shoulder, beach-blonde hair in tow.  You can't help but fall in love with the songstress as her soft voice and adorable french accent cushion the murderous refrain line.

The black and white of the fan-made [Joerg Barton] music video of the track is fabulous.  



I can't wait to be living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment