Tuesday, January 26, 2010

transformation

Strike two. Another two months went by: so I am a failure, but at least I am consistent! No, but for reals, my blogular issues are now coming to an end. Why? Because one of my resolutions is to prendre soin de mon blog --- along with working my French, being health-responsible, and others --- and unlike your regular misses lazy, instead of it taking a month for my new years resolutions to fizz out, it takes a month to get them started! wahoo

I have realized that my problem is that I have been addressing blogging as I would address painting a wall-sized canvas --- similar to the rideau de scene "La Tricorne" of Salvador Dali, currently exposed at the Musee des Abattoirs in Toulouse --- which is super scary and seems like a mega task; so instead of starting on my work of art, I would rather drop the brush and go eat a sandwich. I have now replaced this way of thought with une nouvelle in which I will address blogging as a once-a-dayish happy moment of pause and expression, just as it has always been meant to be. Now doesn't that sound nice?

So, to begin: a little praise.

A Nous Paris is a paper publication distributed in the metro every Monday morning, and it is the best read in town. Its pages are filled with the most exciting information on what's going down in the city. Every one of its sections is edited with style and enthusiasm --- I don't know how I would tackle this capital without it. My personal fave is its "Save the Date" section in which A Nous suggests one interesting activity: festival to go see, shop to browse through, literature to buy... for each day of the week.

This week, in their "Affaires Culturelles" section, I learned of the video expo of Keren Cytter in the 19th at Le Plateau. For her first solo exposition in France, the Israeli artiste is showing her short narratives, a m
elange de genres revolving around "the often tragic fate of different people mired in the violence of their relationships." Sounds a bit troubling, but unmistakably intriguing.

The cover of this week's A Nous Paris. Not my favorite, not going to lie --- but it's truly impossible for me to hate on this glorious publication.



See you tomorrow (ah!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment