Thursday, January 28, 2010

$

Don't you just hate it when you find out about something uber special after it happened, and thus you are unable to be a part of its specialness? Exhibit A:

This past Sunday, Ke$ha was live at Queen, a club on the Champs Elysee in Paris. Although a tad shamed by my love for Ke$ha --- pronounced like the beginning of ketchup but then with a 'shaa' at the end instead of a 'tchup,' ya dig? --- I can't deny that she intrigues me. I've listened to the tracks of her debut album Animal, and honestly I'm not supper impressed - although I love jamming to "TiK ToK" and "Dinosaur" makes me giggle. But I just dig her style.


The dollar sign did throw me off at first, but it turns out she put it there out of irony in that she's the female voice of Flo Rida's "Right Round" and got zero cash for it. From her family's appearance on The Simple Life in 2005, to her dumpster-diving episodes, to her tours with Calvin Harris(!) and Mickey Avalon (!!!), I just think she's cool.

Some have premonitioned that Ke$ha is going to be the new Lady Gaga, after she topped Gaga's 10, 859 weekly radio airplay record by a few hundred plays, but I don't think they flow in the same stream. While Lady Gaga aims to be revolutionary and break barriers (which she is doing quite fabulously with), Ke$ha's chillin and just not giving a fuck.

I look forward to see what she gets into next.

1 comment:

  1. Ke$ha is fun to listen to sometimes, and it's good dance music, but I don't think she has the same caliber as Lady Gaga. I feel like Lady Gaga can endure (kind of like Madonna, who she is clearly inspired by).

    ReplyDelete